In the last month or so, I have seen so much:
Hate/negative attitudes/rude words/evil glares/ disrespect
Not only have I seen it, but I have experienced this negativity around me.
I HATE IT.
- There is so much negativity in the entire world with so many tragic things happening in the news lately.
- There is so much negativity in the daily aspect of my life: from the line at starbucks, to a restaurant, to driving on the road, to the checkout stand at the nearest grocery store, to my work and even at Disneyland.
- Lastly, there is negativity in my own household and most of the time directed at me.
I have depression. And typically when I feel this negative energy around me, I start to feel even more miserable.
But this time, with the massive amount of negativity that I have seen or experienced….I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT.
I don’t let it bring me down. Instead, I either walk away from the situation (like at home) OR I respond to the situation with positivity (even if I don’t necessarily agree with it).
In my daily life, I have seen customers in front of me being rude to the barista at Starbucks. The people that work there DID NOTHING WRONG… it’s just the customers have a bad attitude or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. They use all the irritability in themselves and take it out on anyone near them.
I see this at work too. People become overwhelmed about work and start to talk about others and it becomes gossip. The talking leads to annoyance and anger to yelling. Yelling is not professional to the workplace. (And to be honest, I am always afraid to ask something or even do something because I feel as if I will either get judged about it or someone will get angry at me for it). I don’t know how much longer I can take it.
I get this at home too. My parents become so angry for different reasons that do not have to do with me. They take that anger and release it towards the closest person (me) for the smallest reasons. I didn’t do anything wrong.
I don’t know how much I can handle all this negativity in my life.
I’m trying so much to not let all this negativity change my perspectives and become pessimistic. Also, I’m trying to help myself defeat depression. If I become negative about my life. I won’t feel any better about myself.
If you are surrounded by negativity and pessimistic people or situations in your life:
- Walk away from the situation. Don’t let other peoples negative attitudes pressure you to become negative as well.
- Respond to a situation with positivity, optimism and a smile . (With that customer being rude to the starbucks worker, I tried my best to make my transaction as smooth as possible. Also, I always told her please and thank you with a smile.)
- Try your best to see the positive perspective in any situation. Sure things could go wrong, but be patient and things will eventually work out in the end.
- Be kind.