I never really realized how difficult this year was until this morning.
When the worker at Trader Joes kept on asking me questions about how my year was and “What was your favorite part of the year?”
It threw me off…
I could not think of any moment that was memorable. I could not think of any singular moment that I felt accomplished or happy.
I didn’t have a favorite part of this year.
It was a hard year. This year was a blur.
I have to check my photos to remember what happened other that having depression and anxiety.
My battles with depression and anxiety took over my life, especially in the last 6 months.
But I have been more straightforward about my mental health. I have posted on social media about it, not for any help from friends or family. I want everyone to know and understand mental health.
- I am working more on informing and educating others about mental health.
- I am looking for the right therapist and trying therapy again.
- I am taking care of my mental and physical health.
- I am trying to motivate myself more, so I can get things more accomplished.
- I am learning to accept things the way that they are and that sometimes I can’t do anything about it.
- I am doing more things for myself. Self-care is the most important thing.
- I am letting go of things/people that are not supportive in my mental health.
- I am looking for a new direction in life whether it be a new job or not, that will be the right fit for me. I don’t like going into work with anxiety, I can’t do it anymore.
- I don’t want to live day to day with anxiety or depression symptoms anymore.
- I want to share more of this mental health journey on this blog and social media.
It’s the end of the hardest year
and the beginning of a fresh start.